The Susquehanna River is an excellent salt water fishing area, but a Chesapeake Bay Sport Fishing license is needed.
The campground is open from the first weekend in May till the last weekend in September; it includes two loops with a bathhouse containing hot and cold running water and showers in the center of each loop. There are also five electric sites as well as six mini-camper cabins. Camping and over-night reservations are available through the park's website or by calling 1-888-432-CAMP(2267).
A picnic area is located off Stafford Road with a pond, large fields, picnic tables, grills, playground and pit toilets. The boat launching facility, Lapidum Boat Ramp, is open year round.
Fifteen miles of hiking trails, with moderately difficult to easy terrain, will take you through beautiful scenery and connect to various points of interest. These include Rock Run Mill and the Jersey Toll House which are open on weekends from May through September. The privately operated Steppingstone Museum with rural farm exhibits from 1880 to 1920 is on park grounds and is open May to September, 1- 5 pm. Call 410-939-2299 for information on the Museum.