|[ Print this page ]|
|Brief Description:||Set along the Susquehanna valley, with its heavy forests and massive rock outcrops, Susquehanna State Park conveys the magnitude of the river that feeds the Chesapeake Bay. The park has many historic structures tied to the river, including the water-powered Rock Run Mill built around 1794, the restored Jersey Toll House - a passing point for early valley settlers, and a restored 1804 mansion which overlooks the mill. The Jersey Toll House now serves as an information center for the park. The river offers excellent fishing opportunities, including pike, perch, and bass for shoreline anglers or boating anglers who launch from the Lapidum Boat Ramp. Other outdoor activities, such as camping or cross-country skiiing, make the park a year-round destination.|
|Location / Directions:||Susquehanna State Park is located three miles northwest of Havre de Grade off Route 155 in Harford County. Take I-95 north or south to Route 155, exit 89. Proceed west on Route 155 to Route 161. Turn right on Route 161 and then right on Rock Run Road into the park.|
|Address:||Susquehanna State Park |
3318 Rocks Chrome Hill Road
Jarrettsville, MD 21084
|Visitor Phone:||(410) 557-7994|
The Susquehanna River is an excellent salt water fishing area, but a Chesapeake Bay Sport Fishing license is needed.
The campground is open from the first weekend in May till the last weekend in September; it includes two loops with a bathhouse containing hot and cold running water and showers in the center of each loop. There are also five electric sites as well as six mini-camper cabins. Camping and over-night reservations are available through the park's website or by calling 1-888-432-CAMP(2267).
A picnic area is located off Stafford Road with a pond, large fields, picnic tables, grills, playground and pit toilets. The boat launching facility, Lapidum Boat Ramp, is open year round.
Fifteen miles of hiking trails, with moderately difficult to easy terrain, will take you through beautiful scenery and connect to various points of interest. These include Rock Run Mill and the Jersey Toll House which are open on weekends from May through September. The privately operated Steppingstone Museum with rural farm exhibits from 1880 to 1920 is on park grounds and is open May to September, 1- 5 pm. Call 410-939-2299 for information on the Museum.
|Operating Hours:||Park is open year around. Some activities and facilities are seasonal.|
|Fees:||Call the Park or Museum for up to date information on fees.|
|Visitor Facilities:||Boat launch, campfire programs, campsites, cross-country skiing, fishing, flat water canoeing, hiking trails, historic sites of interest, visitor information center, pet trail, picnicking, playground, riding trails, bow hunting area and archery range.|
|Accessibility:||The Greenways Trail from Conowingo to Stafford Road is accessible. Also available are accessible campsites and boat ramps.|