This small riverside park provides the only north side public access to the James for approximately 36 river miles between Henrico and James City County. A wooded area surrounded by acres of farm fields, the park provides a tranquil setting in which to fish, picnic or appreciate nature. A 200 foot fishing/birding pier provides a panoramic view of the James River. Bald eagles winter in trees overlooking the river and great blue herons and wood ducks nest in park wetlands created by active beaver. The site is an historic river landing once the site of tobacco warehouses and in 1864 the point from which the Union Army crossed the James before the siege of Petersburg.