Visit a Gateway > Raystown Branch Juniata River Water Trail
| - Bedford County, PA|
||Bedford is accessible from Interstate 70/76. Access the trail at several points located between Bedford and Saxton:
- Friendship Village Campground, just 2 miles west of Bedford off U.S. Route 30.
- Old Bedford Village, just 1 mile south of PA Turnpike exit 11.
- On old U.S. Route 220. Cross the covered bridge; the access point is to the left.
- Fort Bedford Park in Bedford by the Fort Bedford Museum trailhead. Turn north at the Pitt Street and Juliana Street intersection.
- Juniata Woolen Mill at Lutzville, 1 mile south of U.S. Route 30.
- 5 miles east of Bedford. From U.S. Route 30, turn south on Aschom Road, which is one-half mile east of Bedford Hospital.
- Everett River Dike, near the center of Everett, 500 yards east (downstream) of the west end (Weicht) bridge. From Old Route 30, turn south on Juniata Street or South Spring Street, and go to the dike. This is the best exit point for visiting Everett from the river. The ballfields is the best launch site. Driving on the dike and ramps is permitted.
- Everett Ballfields. On the eastern end of Everett, one-third mile downstream of the east end of the Route 26 bridge by the Little League fields, turn off Old Route 30 onto Karns Avenue at the east end of town near the Igloo ice cream stand.
- Juniata Crossings, 1 mile west of Breezewood off the westbound lane of U.S. Route 30 on the east bank of the river at the bridge near the historical marker. This is a right turn off Route 30. Don’t drive down the ramp to the river.
- Woy Bridge Campground. 2 miles east of Everett, turn north off of Route 30 at the Graceville sign near the Archers and Anglers Sport Shop. Go one-quarter mile, and turn right at the top of the hill onto SR 1010. Go 2 miles, and turn left onto Whetstone Road.
- Ritchey Bridge, east of Tatesville. The southeast corner of the bridge is the access area. There is a riverside road here that you can’t block with your parked car. Park on the shoulders of the state road.
- Cypher Beach Skating Rink, about one-half mile south of Cypher Bridge. Take the one-way turnoff into the cottage area, and look for the large, gray building next to the river.
- Warriors Path State Park, accessible via Saxton. Turn onto 8th Street off SR 913. Look for signs. The park is gated at night.
- Saxton VFW Park, 0.7 miles east of Saxton Bridge. Turn left off Route 913 at the park entrance. Turn left into the park, and take the road to the riverbank. The park entrance is gated and may sometimes be locked.
||Raystown Branch Juniata River Water Trail
Southern Alleghenies Conservancy
702 West Pitt Street
Bedford, PA 15522
|Business Phone:|| (814) 623-7900